Wednesday, January 16, 2008

American Idol

Just watched American Idol on tv- usually don't watch much of anything on tv, but did take a moment to check it out. I must say I was captivated. They were doing auditions to determine who will be the next core group for the season competition and anyone and everyone who is willing to stand in line got a chance to try out. And, anyone and everyone did show up- quite a variety.

I am a relatively practical girl and am rarely impressed with stuff the media puts out - but something draws me to this particular venue. I guess it brings up in me some very strong beliefs and oppinions. They go something like this:

  • If you are willing to try, good things come your way (even if you don't win).

  • A young farmer from the middle of nowhere can take a chance, sing his heart out and get noticed in a place that is unfamiliar and out of his comfort zone--stuff that births admiration.

  • Do your best, try hard, breathe through the anxiety, take a risk, and leave with grace- whether you are accepted or rejected.

I don't know about you, but I am rooting for these brave individuals and I have esteem for anyone who tried (however weird they may be). I could do worse than living by some of these principles.

No comments: