Friday, February 29, 2008

Literally

I have come to realize that my kids are very literal about things. It has been fun to test this theory out. I have two instances recently that have proved this to be true. The other day, I encouraged the kids to go to the dining room table because there were cookies "with their name written all over them". They came back saying, that none of the cookies had names on them. I then said, "Well, I guess we can't eat them then.....".





On another occasion, I was warning Alea that she should do what I was asking her to and that if she didn't do it I would know because I have eyes in the back of my head. She first looked concerned and moved toward my head and then decided to test my abilities by asking, "Ok then, if you have eyes on the back of your head, what is outside this window?" I replied, "A tree". I was correct. A quizzical look followed. Yes, I am amazing, just give in to that thought........

No comments: