Monday, January 19, 2009

Brilliance in our Midst

So, here is yet another dentist story. The dentist just put Novocaine in my mouth to get ready for the root canal I needed and he stopped by to see how I was doing. I conversationally said, that I felt a little loopy. He said that was odd and asked several questions. One of the questions was, "have you eaten today?". I said I had not. He went to get me some apple juice and it did the trick. You see, I dutifully brushed my teeth in the morning, went to work and debated whether to eat; knowing food would get lodged in the nooks and crannies.

When he came back, I explained that I did not want to have food in my teeth for my visit with him. He said he understood but acknowledged that it was better to have food in your teeth than to pass out on his chair. He began poking in my mouth and about 2 minutes later he said, "You know..........., you could just brush before you come."

Smiling to myself, I muttered, "You're brilliant!"
Without missing a beat he said, "Must be all those years at university."

Maybe it was the Novocaine, but at the time, it was hilarious. Funny how some things just dawn on ya.

If you would like to spend some quality time with my dentist he can be reached at:

Vahid G. Hagee, D.D.S.
1669 Lockbourne Road
Columbus, Ohio 43207
614-444-9840

He has a gentle spirit and is willing to answer all questions. And, boy can I ask questions! He suggested that the dental industry may be in my future. Who knows?!

No comments: