There is a body of thought in the world called the Law of Attraction. I do not believe in it lock stock and barrel, but I believe there are some elements that ring true. One element I would describe as visioning. It is where you express your vision for the future as if it were already true.
I wrote the vision for myself on March 26, 2007 within my journal and as I turned to that page today, I realized it is the same for me now. I also recognize that even though I expressed my vision then, I did not take as many steps toward it as I would have liked. I find that I am a bit behind. Of course, there have been many wonderful moments along the way--just not there yet. So, my first action is to place my thoughts here and then take steps, small and large, toward my end goal.
Within the Law of Attraction you are coached to write your vision by expressing gratefulness as if it is already present in your life:
I am eternally grateful that
- I experience a deep, loving, fun relationship with my children where we can express true connection and love.
- I have a fulfilling career with a sense of purpose, where I use my gifts, and have esteem in my field of choice.
- I am financially stable, have extra money to play with, the ability to travel and make purchases without contributing to debt.
- I have a easy going, fun and loving relationship with an attractive man that leads to a bright and happy future.
- I feel good within my spirit, within my body and I am physically and emotionally healthy.
These are not in any particular order and in many ways I have elements of each of these in my life currently. I am grateful for each blessing. I believe we are all on a journey and have access to these blessings. I try every day to realize and live in the knowledge that happiness is present at all times.
My main goal is to make decisions that reflect and align with my goals and purpose in a consistent way so that I can fully experience this happiness. Along the way, I have forgotten my goals or have been distracted and I am sure that may happen again but then, it will just be time to hop on the path again.
To life well lived! (Imagine that I am raising my glass in a toast :-)