Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last night I was listening to a speaker and she said something intriguing. She said that worry is a form of meditation. And, meditation is a way of creating things into fruition. Often times we focus on our worries and in so doing they are more likely to come true. This is true for positive meditations as well.

Generally I do not worry. I have the gift of knowing that everything will turn out OK. But lately and for quite awhile, I have been holding thoughts in a meditative way about a particular situation that have involved worry, insecurity and fear.

I am not certain why this has happened this way for me. Overall it has not served me well. It is even contrary to my nature and I realize I don't like the way this feels! I am wanting and ready to feel something different.

I have come to a few thoughts of approaches as I work on this dilemma. The first is changing my focus. Meditate consciously on other thoughts- positive, uplifting thoughts. This is easier said than done, but I am convinced that this is a part of the solution. The second is that I need to express and live into my faith. I have a belief that God will take care of things way better than I can imagine-- I just need to let him do his thing and me to follow. This will take trust and patience on my part. And thirdly, I need to let go of my desires and disappointments, let go of my expectations and hopes, let go of the pain and consternation.

Now, can I follow through?

Check out this link about the theory of worry.

No comments: