Friday, November 27, 2009

My Aching Back! and Legs, and Arms!


Worked out the day before Thanksgiving and zealously participated in the festivities. Too much I am afraid. I have not been able to climb stairs or walk normally since. Who would have thought that a gazillion lunge/squats would do such a thing?


WAKE UP CALL!


For the first time I have a window into what it would be like to be in constant pain. Aching while moving, aching while staying still. Not my idea of fun or fulfilling. So, as my witness here, I pledge to make an effort in training my body toward peak function. I want to be as mobile and flexible as possible throughout my life. I think the key is using your body in many ways, stretching, playing, walking etc.


Today I have taken things easy--enjoyed a great Thanksgiving meal, put up the tree and played games (Twister was one of them). I was grateful when I toppled over, so I could rest the bones.


Tomorrow is a new day, may it be a day of motion.

1 comment:

Mars Girl said...

Heh. As an avid cyclist, I have to admit that I'm in a constant state of pain. Well, not painful pain, but my leg muscles always feel tight from use. You just get used to it after awhile.

'Course, I never stretch before I ride or before any workout (it takes up too much time) so that could be part of the problem.