Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter- a time of renewal

This season has been the best gift to me. It is hard to explain why but I will try-- since I try to share the Why Behind here.

  • It has been a time of reflection. Taking stock of my life, discerning where I want to go, who I want on the journey with me and what life experiences to pursue.
  • A time of connection. I have experienced dialog with God. I must admit that I don't always heed Him, but He is there and accessible in ways that I was too afraid to explore in the past. By the way He is kind, assuring and it is clear that He accepts me for who I am.
  • A time of small sacrifice. I have given up sugar this Lent. I had a sneaky suspicion that I may have a budding addiction there and this exercise proved this to be true. I have lost 12 lbs and still desire/think about sugar about every 15 minutes. Each time I am drawn to it, I remember my commitment and remind myself of my connection to God.
  • After 5 years of searching, I have found a church that I am really happy with. ~ The magnitude of this gift I cannot adequately express.

There have been many more gifts. I consider myself truly blessed.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So happy to see your post and that you followed me over to my new place!
Isn't rediscovery a strange thing? It's scary and awkward almost the whole way through, but in the end, when we look back on it all...
Missed your posting but can definitely understand the need to get away from all the technological junk.
♥ T.